Vacqueyras Blanc 2019 - Domaine Saint Pierre
A white Vacqueyras Blanc is an exception on the wine shelf but a very fine one! Jean-Francois Fauque of Domaine Saint-Pierre knows what to do with the blend of 25% Grenache Blanc, 25% Viognier, 25% Roussanne and 25% Clairette. The chalky and siliceous clay soil gives a lot of power to the wine. But before it becomes wine, there is a 3-day fermentation and the different grape juices mature together for 80% on stainless steel tanks and for the other 20% on old oak barrels from Château Yquem. The Vacqueyras Blanc Has a floral fruity nose. Flavour with pear, peach, some fennel and a pinch of salivary and mineral notes. Great to pair with delicate dishes around crab, fish, chicken or an oyster. Beautiful chanterelles in cream or a cheese like Rebochon are also totally good. Serve at 12 degrees as the wine loses (too) much flavour any colder.
Alcohol Content: 15%
Click HERE for more information.